Who the heck likes Valentine’s Day? You know, the most commercial, AND emotionally loaded, AND consistantly disappointing, AND painfully corny of all “holidays.”
I know I didn’t. I didn’t like it at all. When I was a single teenager, I found it stupid. When I was a coupled young adult, I found it stupider. But these last few years as a single young adult? WELL. That’s a different story.
Now, I proudly enjoy Valentine’s Day. Here’s why you should, too:
- If you want to watch something romantic and cheesy, you’re TOTALLY ALLOWED. In fact, it’s festive.
- If you want to watch a kickass action film, you can to that too. In fact, you’ll look pretty ironic and awesome.
- Your excuse to host a fondue party IS RIGHT NOW.
- Valentine’s Day memes are fantastic.
- You can dress cutesy. Or sexy. Or wear red/pink/purple/hearts in the most shameless way possible and…
View original post 264 more words